Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Arise and Shine!




Today was such a great day. The highlight of the day was being able to take my 2 beehives Destany and my niece mina to their first young women's conference for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 2012.
I remember when I was young how I would go with my mom and sisters to theses meetings. It brought back some sweet memories. Today's memories made me want to cry. The spirit was so strong and it meant so much to me to be able to join my daughter and niece along with the young women of this church and hear messages prepared by the young women's leaders of this church and of our dear prophet Thomas S. Monson.
The messages they shared tonight were to help us improve our life and become closer to our Heavenly Father and brother Jesus Christ. They were messages of love and uplifting words. It's amazing to me how such caring people can dedicate their entire lives to helping our dear young women receive vital messages and tools to be able to keep on a path that will help them stay happy, healthy and in harmony with the savior and his teachings. The main focus on tonight was to remember to live by the youth theme which is

"Arise and Shine forth, that they light may be a standard for the nations"
Doctrine and Covenants 115:5

The light that we need to have is the light of Christ. To arise is to arise from the ground after offering a prayer. To arise in the morning and read the scriptures. To arise and defend our standards and beliefs. We must arise and use our knowledge of knowing right from wrong and NEVER fail in living our personal standards. Which are the standards of the strength for the youth, the Scriptures, the commandments and more. We must stand for right even if we must stand alone.

To have this light we must have knowledge. We must seek learning by study and by faith. Sister Mary Cook the first counselor of the Young women's gave a talk on how it is very important to learn and develop a study pattern. This study pattern that we develop is what is going to be the outcome of how we learn and study new things. We must train our mind and Sacrifice NOW! for the future of the unknown.
What we learn becomes how we raise our children. It determines how we teach our children. A mother will become the most important teacher a child will ever have. We must be knowledgeable and seek and study by faith to make sure we are teaching what our children need to know. As we learn and study the Holy Ghost will enlighten our minds.

Before I end I will end with the 3 signals from the Lords lighthouse shared by the prophet.
1-Believe-
Believe that we are a daughter of God.
Believe in our values and accept and act upon those values.
Have a Testimony
2-Obey-
Obey our parents.
Obey the commandments of our Heavenly Father.
3-Endure-
Take things day-by-day to repent.
"Life by the yard is hard, but Life by the inch is sinch"

We must stay strong and never give up. Effort is required in life but this will be effort we will never regret.

Tesimony
I know that everything I have heard tonight is truly meant for me and everyone alive on this planet. I know that this church is true and that Christ is the Light of this Gospel. I know that our Prophet Thomas S. Monson is a true and living prophet and speaks to God. I know the leaders he has picked are chosen to help us and guide us through these Latter-days. I will make an effort through my life to stand for what I believe in. Even if I must stand alone, because I know though the appearance may be as I am alone I know I will have an army of angels behind me standing for what I believe in. Which is that Christ Lives and is the head of our church. Heavenly Father is our God and that this church is the true living church of Jesus Christ. Most importantly I know Heavenly Father Loves me and wants the best for me and my family and I love him. I will Arise and Shine forth and share his light with all those I come across.



No comments:

Post a Comment